- Their company logo is, "Two tin cans and a length of string."
- You check out their address, and it's a phone booth containing a Compaq portable and an acoustic coupler.
- Their chief technical officer lives in a 10-foot-by-7-foot shack in the woods.
- Their proud boast is, "We've been on the Internet since it was CB radio."
- Their promo materials use the words "information" and "superhighway" in the same sentence.
- You see the words "Access speeds up to 9,600 BPS in most areas" on their advertisements.
- You order an SLIP/PPP connection, email, and 2MB of server space for your personal Web site, and the voice on the other end of the phone asks, "Would you like fries with that?"
- "As seen in Better Business Bureau special reports" is their motto.
- They hawk both domain names and Rolexes on street corners.
- They charge by the word.