Tips For A Lifetime
- Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.
- Use a meat baster to "squeeze" your pancake batter onto the hot griddle - perfect shaped pancakes every time.
- To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
- To prevent egg shells from cracking, add a pinch of salt to the water before hard-boiling.
- Run your hands under cold water before pressing Rice Krispies treats in the pan-the marshmallow won't stick to your fingers.
Below are a few guidelines for tactfully confronting someone about their behavior:
Do No Harm: Try to gauge whether or not the person is ready to hear it before you blurt out any truth. Ask yourself what you hope to accomplish by getting involved.
Be Sensitive, Not Superior: Choose the time and place wisely, making sure you don't set up the other person for embarrassment. Give compliments in between your comments.
Safety Tips For Women
There's two parts to this. Make sure you read all of it, it could be very important someday. If you see this and you're a guy, please pass it on to all your female friends, your sister, your mom, your wife or your girlfriend.
Internet Etiquette & Tips
When sending e-mails to multiple addresses, try sending them all as bcc's (blind carbon copies). That way you protect the identity of everyone you are sending to. I've received e-mails from people I don't even know only to find out they got my e-mail address off of an e-mail that someone I do know sent them. Furthermore, don't do that either. No one wants to get an e-mail from someone they do not know. Some e-mail programs won't let you send all bcc's; they require at least one address in the "TO" field. If that's the case with your e-mail program, just put yourself in the "TO" field and everyone else in the bcc field. Your friends and family will appreciate not having their e-mail address sent all over the internet.
A corporate attorney sent the following out to the employees in his company:
The next time you order checks, have only your initials (instead of first name) and last name put on them. If someone takes your check book they will not know if you sign your checks with just your initials or your first name but your bank will know how you sign your checks.
Put your work phone number on your checks instead of your home phone. If you have a P.O. Box, use that instead of your home address. If you do not have a P.O. Box, use your work address.
Driving Tip Regarding Cruise Control
FYI, if you didn't already know about this.
A woman had a wreck a couple of weeks ago and totaled her Lincoln Town Car. She hydroplaned on Hwy. 135 between Gladewater & Kilgore, Texas. She was not hurt, just emotionally rattled!
1) Repel mosquitoes - Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
2) Eliminate static electricity from your television screen - Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.
3) Dissolve soap scum from shower doors - Clean with a used sheet of bounce.